I am so looking forward to this weekend! Why you ask? Because this is where I am going to be on Saturday…
I’m absolutely giddy about it, which I’m sure leaves some of you wondering about my sanity. For those of you who share in my enthusiasm for all things “woady” I promise will give you all a full report next week.
And don’t forget! We are giving away a great Adesso Reach LED desk lamp this week! You have until Saturday at midnight to enter.
Meanwhile, here are some of the things that caught my eye this week:
1. This tutorial for recycling porch light fixtures into terrariums is so brilliant. I’m definitely adding this to my list of things to incorporate into my new office space. (design*sponge)
2. Here’s another great giveaway, this one for some lovely Amy Butler organic bedding. (Green Bag Lady)
3. We are all so used to the idea of flatpack furniture, what with IKEA and all, but when designer Kem Weber pioneered the idea with his Airline Chair, people thought it was weird and he only managed to sell about 200 of them. Man, what I wouldn’t do to own one of those amazing chairs. (Boing Boing)
4. And speaking of IKEA, they recently made a pledge to transition to 100% “better cotton”. It looks to be a step in the right direction, but is it really enough? (Inhabitat)
5. I’ve always liked cheery yellow in a traditional kitchen, but never figured it would look right in a modern one. Here is a super sleek, modern kitchen with bright glossy yellow cabinets, and I have to admit, it looks great! (Trendir)
6. Wood is becoming an increasingly popular element in many interiors. This lovely home takes that idea to the nth degree. (2Modern blog)
7. And now I’ll leave you with two fascinating videos. The first is an interview with a woman who lives in a 90 sf “apartment” in New York. She’s managed to make it quite livable, although I could never sleep in a bed like that!
The second video I’ve included just because it’s so darn peaceful, even if it is a commercial.
Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend!