Happy Friday everyone! I have a young son on Spring Break who swears he will die of boredom if I don’t go and read to him. This from a kid who can read through an entire Harry Potter book in a day. In any case, I promised to write my wrap-up quickly so I can rescue him from his fate.
So here are things I thought you might find interesting this week:
1. Coming to a living room near you – anti-gravity furniture! (PhotoShop Disasters)
2. I kid you not – Jersey Shore’s “The Situation” is going green. Well, at least his re-usable laundry bags are. (Inhabitat)
3. And speaking of bags, this “living” art installation almost makes me like plastic garbage bags – ALMOST. (Green Bag Lady)
4. This may or may not be green, but it is definitely the best and most attractive design I’ve ever seen for a pool side lounger. (Trendir)
5. Crazy but beautiful effect achieved from painting a herringbone parquet floor in a variety of colors. (re-nest)
6. Saw this chair made of coat hangers all over the internets this week, but in case you haven’t seen it, it’s worth a looksee. (re-nest)
7. Not sure if I think this light fixture is a clever re-use, or a scary monster coming to get me. (Standard)
8. Great article on how we have abandoned so many activities that have traditionally taken place in the community, and replaced them with activities in our homes, thus necessitating larger and larger houses. Short and worth reading. (Treehugger)
9. Finally, the great folks at Lonny have teamed with Traditional Home to create a new online magazine – TRADhome, and it looks terrific! (2Modern)
I already want that amazing chandelier on the cover. Of course, I also want an iPad so I can slouch in a chair while leafing through all these great new online mags coming out, but that’s a whine for another day. Sigh.
See you next week!