We’re supposed to have a storm arriving tonight, but for now it is all blue skies and fluffy clouds. Perfect weather to pull together a little Friday Wrap-up for you. Enjoy!
1. Cute, simple DIY clip art rail made from an old yardstick and some cheerfully painted wooden clothes pins. Perfect for a kids room. (re-nest)
2. Is it a chair that looks like a sweater, or the other way around? You decide. Either way, it’s an amazing piece of knitting! (Craft)
3. I’m really surprised at how great looking these re-purposed 50 gallon metal barrels are. I love that someone thought “hey, with some glossy paint, that would make a terrific cabinet”. And they were right! (re-nest)
4. Buy one, give one – that’s the concept behind this bedding company’s new program. What a great way to reach out and help a homeless child stay warm. (Green Your Decor)
5. Thinking of attempting a green remodel? Here are some really useful tips from “The Not So Big Remodeling” author Sarah Susanka. (Inhabitat)
6. A designer writes about rustic wooden walls and why they make spaces feel so cozy to her, even though she is a modernist at heart. I’ll be writing more about the trend in reclaimed wood walls later, but the two images she uses to ilustrate her post are well worth taking a look-see at. (The Design Confidential)
7. And lastly, another cat thing (see Metronome Kitty from last Friday). This time someone simply, and cleverly, took a few old wine crates and make a pretty good looking cat “bunk bed”. Being that my husband is in the wine business, AND we have two cats, this is so going to be my weekend project! (Shelteriffic)
Have a great weekend everyone!